Monday, November 22, 2010

21 days down... screenplay not done.


Well, a lot has happened over the past couple weeks to veer me off my course.  Some of it good some of it not so much… Some of it my fault, some of it less so.

My good friend passed away last month.  I was his only family here.  In short, this month I had to go to the mainland to take care of stuff.  I’m not really ready or willing to talk about it all here.  I will say that it was difficult to take care of everything I needed to take care of before heading out and difficult to sit down at the computer while I was gone… well, and I am only now getting back into the swing of things. 

I could say a lot more but what I need to do is get the fire burning.  I passed my initial deadline.  But I still have 80 plus pages already done and I’m close.  Somewhere between 20 and 40 pages is the end of this screenplay.  It has to be because it can’t be more than 120 pages and still be a two-hour movie.  Remember, one-page equals one minute.

The one positive thing I can say is that in that time I was away from home I found a lot more of myself, my old self, the guy I need to finish this thing.

So, lets kick some tires and light some fires…

1 comment:

  1. A post like this works, even if you feel like you didn't accomplish the goal — which is to write on your screenplay. Sharing life experiences can help people connect better to YOU — and to you blog.

    ReplyDelete